Thursday, October 14, 2010

Homework Blues

As I shuffled into the classroom, I knew that Mr. Van Camp would never believe me. I looked at my scuffed shoes and mumbled, " My homework is not done, Sir. I do have a good excuse though."

     Mr. Van Camp scowled as he looked up from the papers he was marking. "This is not the first time your homework has not been completed. Perhaps," he suggested, "it's time to speak with your parents."

     "Please, you have no idea what will happen to me if you phone my home," I moaned.
     "Well, let's hear your excuse. It better be good."
     "Three days ago," I started, "my room had a sudden foul stink to it."
     "How does that relate to your homework?" inquired Mr. Van Camp, sarcastically
     "Let me finish, sir." I sighed, "It would be easier if he knew how to listen" I thought to myself.
     I began again, at a pace that I thought he would allow me to complete my story, "I thought nothing of it at first, but when my hamster was sick, then my gold fish died, I considered that it might be-"
     "This doesn't matter whether or not your homework is completed, your beating around the bush, and like I said before this isn't the first time your homework has been late." Interjected Mr. Van Camp, then shifted his jaw in the way he does when he believes a great injustice is being done to him.
      I internally groaned, this would take me forever. "If you would only let be get to the end of the story, sir"
      "Well lets hear it" If he interupted me one more time I was going to throw chalk at his head.
      I took a deep breathe  and spat it all out quickly "Sir, theres a gas leak directly flowing into my room. I left my papers on my desk. I finished the work but theres no access into there for another week. They only found it last night, I promise I'll be able to give it to you as soon as I can."
     "Well, I suppose thats reasonable." Mr. Van Camp turned and dismissed me with that.

1 comment:

  1. Good detail in your dialogue. All assignments are quite well polished - only minor punctuation errors. I like the idea for the Beatles' blog - go into more detail. Missing the essay.
    30/60

    ReplyDelete